The 10th Global Youth Peace Fest starts on 29 September, 2015 in Chandigarh, India which will witness participation of delegates from 30 countries which include all South–Asian countries, as well as countries from the ASEAN region, Africa, Latin America among others.
The GYPF provides a platform for young people from all around the world to interact and interchange ideas towards a more sustainable future.
Some of the features include-
- - Training of 40 Asian youth on issues of promoting ‘Rights & Dignity of Girls & Women’.
- - Strengthening of leadership skills in 40 young change makers from SAARC Countries through ‘2nd SAARC YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMIT’.
- - A special session on ‘Creating disabled friendly Cities’.
- - Holding of Special Meditation session & training programme for inner peace.
- - Presentation of ‘Global Youth ICON Awards’ to two distinguished youth ICONS at a specialPhilanthropy meet promoting the joy & spirit of giving.
- - Fusion of Music & Dance: As the language of music and dances transcends the man-made barriers of race, religion, colour & nationalities, so a colourful multicultural evenings is also planned.
- - Organization of Friendship Bridge, guided friendship visits prior to & after the GYPF 2015, to some of the beautiful locales in north India to further strengthen the spirit of oneness of all human beings.
- - INVOLVEMENT OF OVER 10,000 LOCAL YOUTH Volunteers & Peace Club students. As they will participate in a Peace Walk for ‘Sustainable Cities for People & Planet’ on International Day of Nonviolence i.e. October 2, 2015.
- - LAUNCH OF GLOBAL YOUTH PEACE FORUM to promote constructive engagement of young people at global level in order to have their say in future of the world.
For more details and online registration do visit the GYPF website